If you are concerned about the effect of the passage of time on your face, we tell you about treatments that can help you improve the beauty of your skin. It is not easy to assume that our skin is losing the smoothness and tone of youth, but although the passage of time is inevitable, there are methods to slow it down and have beautiful skin, which helps us feel good and accept the age we have, the typical phrase, be the best version of yourself.
Mentalize that it is impossible (and unnatural) to have a skin of 20 years with 50, but if we can have healthy and luminous skin, more plump and smooth wrinkles and fine lines. If we do not accept our age, we will live bitterness, and nobody wants that. We must accept our age and take care of ourselves, because self-care is a way of showing love for ourselves, which makes us feel good. Welcome to the Slow-aging era!
The causes of aging can be divided in two types:1. Intrinsic aging
First, the skin ages with the passage of time. Surprisingly, this began in people in their twenties. The billions of cells that make up the dermis gradually tire of reproduction and begin to die, reducing their ability to produce collagen. However, the regeneration and repair processes for which these cells are responsible are less effective.
2. Extrinsic aging
The skin also reacts to the environment. Sun exposure, smoking, diet, and lack of fluid intake accelerate aging. The free radicals produced by these factors attack cells and destroy collagen and elastin, which are the building blocks of youthful skin.
Nowadays there are many treatments that can help us to age well, and we are going to see some of them in this article. For example, a good method to recover the collagen that is lost intrinsically with the passage of time is to take quality collagen supplements.
1. Watch out for sun exposure.
Every dermatologist in the world will tell you, the best anti-wrinkle, and also the most economical, is.... Do not sunbathe! So easy and so difficult at the same time, because it goes against our habits, especially in summer, when we go to spend the summer at the beach and sunbathe. In addition, there are areas where the sun hits you, just walking down the street for many months of the year. Thus, the first thing is to USE SUNSCREEN ALL YEAR ROUND. This is a mantra. Your face, décolleté, and even your hands must be protected from the sun year-round. This is especially important if you belong to an ethnic group that does not have abundant natural melanin.
Write it down! This is the best beauty advice you can pass on to your sons and daughters or teenagers around you.
Overexposure to the sun is the main cause of premature skin aging and is known as photoaging. The sun's UV rays are the main culprit as they cause both direct and indirect damage to cellular DNA.
In summer, remember that there are also hats and caps to help you, with which you can look beautiful, go with style, and be more protected. We can also consume nutricosmetics that help us prepare the skin, with many antioxidant ingredients, and eat a diet rich in fruits and vegetables, which is the ideal time to drink gazpacho!
After enjoying the summer, it is critical to take care of our skin more than usual, because not only the sun affects it, but also the chlorine from the pool and salt from the sea. Therefore, we recommend treatments that moisturize the skin in depth and repair the damage caused by summer. It is also after the summer that we can do treatments to soften or remove skin blemishes, such as laser or IPL. Quality green LED light can also be used during the sun-exposure season.
A very economical and simple gesture of beauty and health is to drink sufficient water to remain hydrated.
And always, take care of your diet, do not abuse sugar, trans-saturated fats, alcohol, etc., and try to eat lots of fruits and vegetables, white meat, fish, nuts...
2. When is it recommended to undergo facial rejuvenation treatments?
Your age and the condition of your skin are determining factors in deciding when it is the right time to undergo facial rejuvenation treatments. Although each person is unique and the results may vary, it is generally recommended to undergo these treatments after the age of 30, when the signs of aging begin to become more evident, usually due to the gradual decline in the body's natural collagen production. However, it is crucial to consult an aesthetic medicine professional to determine the best time for you. There are now devices that can show us how our skin is doing (what you cannot see) and determine our real needs.
As with everything related to beauty, prevention is better than cure; the sooner we start taking care of ourselves, the better results we will have. At the age of 20, we can already use sunscreen on our face daily and apply moisturizers in the morning and at night. We will not need anti-wrinkle creams, only to protect and moisturize. At the age of 30, we have to start taking more steps, both cosmetics and nutricosmetics or even home appliances.
The important thing at this age is to get into a healthy beauty habit, which we can adapt to as we get older.
3. Types of facial aesthetic treatments.
Facial aesthetic treatments are there to help us with an extra to our daily routines. There are different types of treatments, among which the most popular and effective are:
- Hyaluronic acid: This treatment consists of the application of hyaluronic acid to certain areas of the face to fill wrinkles and expression lines, providing a younger and smoother appearance to the skin.
- Botox: Botox is one of the best-known treatments for PREVENT and combating wrinkles. It involves the application of botulinum toxin to certain facial muscles to relax them and reduce expression lines. It is very good for smoothing forehead wrinkles and wrinkles that may appear around the eyes when gesturing and smiling.
- Collagen: Collagen is a protein present in our skin that diminishes over time. Collagen treatments consist of stimulating the production of this protein to improve the elasticity and firmness of the skin, the best known of which is radiofrequency (monopolar), red LED light, and food supplements rich in type I hydrolyzed marine collagen.
- Dermapen: Dermapen is a device that uses microneedles to stimulate collagen production and improve skin texture. This treatment is effective in reducing wrinkles, scars, and blemishes.
- Mesotherapy: Mesotherapy consists of the application of small doses of beneficial substances for the skin, such as vitamins, minerals and hyaluronic acid, through microinjections. This treatment helps moisturize, rejuvenate, and improve the overall appearance of the face.
- Platelet-rich plasma: consists of the application of your plasma, for which blood must first be drawn and centrifuged in a special apparatus to obtain the platelet-rich plasma. The plasma is injected by the doctor with microinjections, and the best thing is that it does not give any reaction as it comes from your own body. This treatment helps hydrate and rejuvenate the skin, which appears more luminous after a few months of application.
4. Benefits of Rejuvenating Facial Treatments
Rejuvenating facial treatments offer a wide range of benefits for our skin. Some of them are:
- Reduction of wrinkles and expression lines.
- Improved skin elasticity and firmness.
- Increased luminosity and smoothness of the skin.
- Reduction of spots and scars.
- Deep hydration.
- Stimulation of collagen production.
5. Treatments with facial rejuvenation devices without surgery.If you are looking for an alternative to cosmetic surgery, there are currently numerous facial rejuvenation treatments that do not require surgical intervention, which are performed in medical-aesthetic centers. These treatments are less invasive, safer and offer natural results. Some options include:
- Laser: Facial laser is a technique to treat various skin problems, such as wrinkles, blemishes and scars. It is effective, safe, and requires no recovery time.
- IPL: Pulsed light is often applied to even out skin tone and reduce blemishes.
- Radiofrequency (RF): Radiofrequency is a treatment that uses electromagnetic waves to stimulate collagen production and improve skin appearance. It is effective in treating facial sagging and achieving long-lasting results. Professional radiofrequency equipment is monopolar and must be applied by a trained person.
- Other innovative treatments, such as EMFACE, consist of the emission of synchronized RF and HIFESTM energies, to act simultaneously on the skin and muscles of the face. The end result is fewer wrinkles and a greater lifting in a natural way without needles.
And remember, consult an aesthetic medicine professional before undergoing any facial rejuvenation treatment. They will be able to evaluate your case in a personalized manner and recommend the most appropriate option. These treatments are not inexpensive, but it is better to trust a good doctor before taking this step.
We hope that this article will be useful to you!