Carboxytherapy is a non-surgical technique that consists in the subcutaneous injection of CO2 (carbon dioxide), a gas that is produced as a consequence of cellular respiration and that is eliminated with breathing. It does not produce allergic reaction or toxicity and can be very beneficial.
- The technique is simple, it is performed through an equipment designed for this purpose that allows to control the flow rate and injection time, as well as to monitor the dose administered. Several injections are made with a very small diameter needle and the gas diffuses rapidly through the tissues.
- It produces no side effects, except a small and fleeting pain in the area of application.
- It serves as a stimulus to increase the blood circulation of the treated area and the blood erythrocytes release oxygen. By increasing the blood supply, it causes greater oxygen supply and revitalization.
- It stimulates vasodilation at the level of the capillaries in the skin.
This treatment helps the subcutaneous tissue, where cellulite is formed, to become firmer, so we will notice smoother and more uniform skin.
BENEFITS OF CARBOXYTHERAPY
- Improves local circulation.
- Improves skin micro-circulation.
- Stimulates the formation of collagen and elastic fibers and their reorganization.
- Improves skin tone and elasticity.
- Reduces measurements due to its lipolytic effect.
- Oxygenates tissues.
The effects of carboxytherapy can be applied, among others, in the treatment of:
- Localized fat.
- Stretch marks.
- Facial wrinkles.
- Facial skin flaccidity.
- Treatment of dark circles under the eyes.
- Small varicose veins.
How to optimize carboxytherapy?
- Drink 2-3 liters of water a day, both the day of the session and the following day.
- Do not take immersion baths (jacuzzis, swimming pools...) or saunas because they will impede the circulation of the gas inside the body.
- Smoking is strictly forbidden. No benefit would be obtained since nicotine makes it more difficult to eliminate CO2 and its exchange for oxygen, making the final result zero. If you smoke, and cannot quit, this is not the treatment for you.
The benefit of carboxytherapy is not eternal, it lasts about 6-8 months, and is linked to the type of diet, physical activity and how you take care of your body.